♣ Welcome to our Un-Citizens of Marmora & Lake Page!
|Our private site's competitor - see the Municipality of Marmora and Lake site page allowing only support for the so-called "Marmora Pumped Storage Project":  HERE
|Compare what you see on their page, to these realities that you won't:
A long overdue "timeline" of injustices and insults heaped on the people of Marmora and Lake, at their local council and MPP's prioritization of Northland Power's interests ~121kb pdf
FACT SHEET - courtesy of local objectors ~110kb pdf
|The Evidence vs Supporter Claims & Beliefs:
Pumped-Up Support -vs- The Evidence ~123kb pdf
The Evidence -vs- Pumped-Up Contract Assumptions ~94kb pdf
|The 2-step "Disaster Mitigation Solution" proposed since 2011 by Marmora's local opposition:
Read, print or copy our proposal in black text on white background from a new tab/window
♣ Meet site owner: Un-Citizen Kathy Hamilton and Follow me on Twitter @myAnthropad
2015 Highlights, in reverse chronological order:
2014 Highlights, in reverse chronological order:
2013 Highlights, in reverse chronological order:
- Oct 02, 2014: My opening speech at the All Candidates Meeting in Marmora - Monday Sept 29 2014 (36kb pdf)
- Sept 17, 2014: My colour tri-fold election flyer (352kb, 2pg pdf) & b/w window sign (13kb, 1pg pdf)
- 2pg pdf flyer is one sheet of paper printed both sides, tri-folded showing photo on front, contact on back
- June 18, 2014: Transcripts from my public input to local council June 17 (84kb 1pg pdf)
- Mar 18, 2014: Focus on Water - read the transcripts for my Mar 18 public input to local council (67kb 1pg PDF) - includes embedded links to some references, also to the podcast from my guest spot on Canada Live online radio show Sunday Mar 16
- Mar 04, 2013: Evening Mar 03 online publication announcement for another piece co-authored by Tom Adams and Kathy Hamilton - under title "Hudak's green waffles" in the FP Comment section of the National Post (print edition Mar 04)
- transcripts from my Mar 04 public input for 2pm local council meeting (1pg 66kb pdf)
- Feb 27, 2014: Local paper, Central Hastings News published my letter under title "The taxpayer who pays with little or no say deserves the rest of the story"
- Feb 20, 2014: My integrated Thoughts (2pg 102kb pdf) & concerns re LRIA definition vs unique project details (1pg 99kb pdf) - 2 of my print "handouts" as delegate to our local CVCA BoD meeting (local media report)
- Feb 09, 2014: Transcripts for my public input to council Feb 4 2014 (56 KB, 1-pg pdf) - which hinted at
My thoughts subsequent to watching the Northland Power-Innovations Television video that was recently released (96 KB, 2-pg pdf)
- Jan 26, 2014: Clip from internet radio - my unscripted guest spot on OTRN's Canada Live show Fri Jan 24, 2014 (low-quality mp3 ~44mins, 5MB)
- Jan 22, 2014: Clip of my attempt to deliver my planned public input to local council Jan 21 (low-quality mp3 ~5mins13sec, 612kb) - My planned speaking points not delivered completely due interferences (1pg, 73kb pdf)
- Jan 19, 2014: Clip from internet radio - show guest Tom Harris, International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC) - Kathy Hamilton brought in ~30:00 mark (low-quality mp3 ~44mins47sec, 5.12 MB)
- Jan 17, 2014: Clip of my guest spot on internet radio - focus on CVCA takeover & related municipal controversies (low-quality mp3 ~37mins40sec, 4.31 MB) - My referenced thoughts prepared for this show (3pg, 127kb pdf)
- Happy New Year to friends - Enjoy this hilarious audio clip I call Potty Profits (low-quality mp3 ~4mins48sec, 564KB) - from Dec 2012, chat about toilet "pumped storage" profit potential between the 2 internet radio show co-hosts that broadcast my "pumped storage" story during 2 previous 2hr shows.
- Dec 15, 2013: audio clip from informal chat on USA internet radio, re local happenings since mid-Nov. (low-quality mp3 ~40mins18sec, 4.61 MB) - discussion links and notes (2pg, 75kb pdf)
- Dec 03, 2013: My "public input" to regular local council meeting attendees, re "Community Sustainability Plans" (aka ICSPs) 96kb pdf
- Nov 26, 2013: My emailed Letter to Minister of Energy Bob Chiarelli and MPP Donna H. Cansfield, re Northland Power's "pumped storage" proposal for Marmora (54kb pdf)
- Nov 24, 2013: audio clip from informal chat on USA internet radio, re local opposition "Disaster Mitigation Solution" proposal. (low-quality mp3 ~18mins21sec, 2.10 MB)
- Nov 18, 2013: Parker Gallant piece "Pumped Storage equals pumped energy prices" published on Energy Probe
- Oct 25, 2013: My speech to the CVCA Board of Directors on October 25, 2013, during their 10AM meeting held at the Marmora Townhall (73kb pdf)
- Oct 20, 2013: Informal chat about recent events, shared at request of internet-only radio show participants. (low-quality mp3 clip ~41mins, 5 MB)
- Oct 16, 2013: Peter Foster's piece in the Financial Post today titled Not Smart! - references the Oct 10 piece co-authored by Tom Adams and Kathy Hamilton, splicing it into his bigger picture.
- Oct 10, 2013: Financial Post publishes piece co-authored by Tom Adams and Kathy Hamilton
→ from Tom's jpg scan, as our piece had appeared in print - my backup in PDF format
- Sep 19, 2013: Presentation to CVCA Board, slideshow featuring
→ The 4 Pumped-Up “Faces” this proposal has worn, as of summer 2013 ~88kb pdf
(my follow-up Letter to the Editor for local newspaper quote clarification - published Oct 24 2013)
- Jun 20, 2013: Speech to CVCA Board (after a Did You Know? anonymous letter was in the local paper)
- complemented by 2 slideshow presentations:
→ References to the Strategic Planning Process for Sustainable Development ~948b pdf
→ Taum Sauk forewarning for Marmora ~464kb pdf
(shortly following this presentation, another anonymous letter forewarning of trouble brewing was snail-mailed from Toronto, to select recipients in CVCA's watershed)
- Jun 7, 2013: The OMB issued its deposition granting my private residential property exclusion from the "Community Improvement Policy Area" (aka Urban Growth Boundary) established by OPA #16, as I had repeatedly requested since fall 2011
Archived Highlights from 2012 - in chronological order:
March 6, 2012: To the MMAH re OPA #16, as EBR Comment ID 140641 → May 29: MMAH final approval → June 14: OMB appeal submitted
March 20, 2012: Failure to get satisfactory answers from local Council verbally - told to put in writing.
March 26, 2012: Written Questions to council re ICSP
→ March 29, 2012: See Northeast EMC News "Drinking water inspection results in top marks" (note Reeve's demand for my questions in writing was published)
April 17, 2012: Deposition to Council as a scheduled delegate, re the ICSP and lack of answers returned
→ April 26, 2012: See Northeast EMC News "Marmora Council Briefs"
May 1, 2012: Written Questions to council re OPA #16
→ May 10, 2012: See Northeast EMC News "Audit reveals a sound financial position"
May 3, 2012: "Community-driven"? ICSP action plans prioritized when"stakeholders" met-by invitation!
May 15, 2012: Deposition to Council as a scheduled delegate, re OPA #16
→ May 24, 2012: See pgs 8,10: Northeast EMC News "Resident speaks out"
June 21 & 22, 2012: See my comments to webpage posting about Manitoulin Wind Turbine Protest trip with others from Marmora & our photos
June 26, 2012: Unpublished Letter to Editor re June 19, 2012 council meeting & NP/Hatch presentation
July 3, 2012: Mass emailed Letter to Minister of Natural Resources re NP's "pumped storage"
July 3, 2012: At Council meeting that afternoon, I requested a full and open public debate on the Northland Power project, as quoted by local media July 12, 2012
July 10, 2012: Written Questions to acclaimed Reeve Clemens re his "inaugural speech" Dec 2010
→ July 12, 2012: See Northeast EMC News "Looking ahead to snow removal"
July 26, 2012: My 2nd attempt to get clear answers from ON MNR - some returned, thanks MNR!
July 30, 2012: Written Questions to Council related to Northland's proposal
Aug 7, 2012: Transcripts for my Delegate presentation to Aug 7 2012 Council meeting
Audio Files: #1 Delegate 1/Response (~13MB MP3) & #2 Public Input/Response (~12MB MP3)
(audio clips above relate to media report of council meeting below)
→ Aug 16, 2012: Local Northeast EMC News - print edition Front Page, online:
"Public meeting will take place when there is an announcement to be made"
Aug 18, 2012: Summary of my dismal record at getting Answers from local Councillors since Mar 20
Oct 11, 2012: Read-in inferences in twinned letters to editor in EMC pg 6
Oct 19, 2012: Notice of Oct 25, 2012 local Peaceful Demonstration posted to "Intro & Credits" today!
Nov 2, 2012: Added noteworthy post-demonstration items to top of "Intro & Credits"
Nov 20, 2012: Statement re Reeve in CBC Radio Canada video of Nov 7 2012 (3.43min 8.52MB mp3)
→ Watch the video
Nov 29, 2012: bottom Front Page media report on Nov 20 local council meeting - cont'd pg 3
Dec 4, 2012: Statement to council re Oct 25 Big Day oddities (2.59min 2.73MB mp3)
List of items mentioned in this clip - Details accompanying my denial as a delegate to County Council Oct 25 contradicted Oct 26 County Letter statements; Oct 25 "press release" (by whom?) and ON MMAH Minister Kathleen Wynne's unpublicized Oct 25 LIC facilitation:
Dec 5, 2012: Added list of My Radio Talk Show Chats - archives from Sept → Dec 2012
- see Letter from Hastings County in local council's Dec 4 Agenda pkg-pdf pg 27 (note pg 28 too)
- Oct 25 Marmora and Lake "press release" - created by Marmora & Lake staff?
- MMAH enables LIC's Oct 25 - h/t Transition Brockville - formerly the Brockville Climate Change Action Group
→ LIC / "PAPER" program explanations HERE and HERE and from HQ, HERE
→ M & L's "Energy Conservation Program" in 2012 budget (but no info was available locally)
Archived Highlights from 2011 - in chronological order:
IN FUN - from Sept 15, 2011: Alternate "green energy projects" (artists concepts)
Opposition Development Team proposals for: Green Wind Energy & Green Solar Energy
♣ Technical R & D Assistant: Meet Un-Citizen Fred Quarrie:
- As you will see, as you read through my comments chronologically; my feeling that there is something wrong with the Marmora pumped storage proposal has not changed. Time and the acquisition of more information through personal research has convinced me that there is not just something wrong with the proposal, there are a lot of things wrong with it.
- As time passed and my knowledge increased; my comments became a little more focused, accurate and lucid, I hope. Although some of my early comments were not completely correct, they were based on my understanding and analysis of the limited information available to me, from newspaper articles or whatever I was reacting to, at that moment.
- The evidence backing my own points, that I am now enabled to publicly share locally, is a more or less chronologically ordered collection of my comments and objections to the Northland Power Inc. pumped storage proposal to be built in Marmora.
- August 22, 2011 FOI request submitted: "Any and all written or electronic communications from citizens of Marmora and Lake to the municipality and/or the Reeve and/or the C.A.O. dated or marked as received from Feb 01, 2011 to June 30, 2011 relating to the proposed Northland Power Inc Pumped Storage Project."
→ August 26, 2011 response to me, from CAO Ron Chittick:
"Please accept this letter in acknowledgement and reply to your recent request under the above captioned Act.
I wish to advise that any and all Letter of Support are listed on the Municipal website, In addition, I am not aware of any emails from the public on the issue from February 1, 2011 to June 30, 2011.
However, if you wish us to undertake a review of all emails during the period in your request, we will undertake such a review. I would estimate such a review will take a minimum of 5 hours to complete. Our rate for the review is $30.00 per hours, as set out in our fees bylaw and Regulation 823, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
If you would like us to proceed with your request, please forward a cheque in the amount of $150.00 to the Municipality at your earliest convenience."
- Nov 3, 2011: Published EMC pg 6 Letter re afternoon ICSP meeting "What's happened to our country?"
♣ Meet Un-citizen Paul-William:
- Excerpt from his (Saturday 08/13/2011 11:15:03am) self-written feedback to our Public Guestbook :
" ...I no longer support this project in any form whatsoever. On the record. I recognize the deception, I have seen it before and I can prove it."
♣ Meet Un-Citizen Kent Knox:
- Kent's (Sunday 08/14/2011 12:37:54am) likewise voluntarily-offered feedback to our Public Guestbook:
· "Now that I know the rest of the story, I no longer support this pumped storage project for Northland Power!"
♣ Meet Un-Citizen Cindy Buchanan:
♣ Meet Un-Citizen Donna Oatman:
- Read Donna's posted (Saturday 08/20/2011 11:22:45pm) comments, in our Public Guestbook:
Which reflects her letter of August 18, 2011 — Submitted as a Marmora resident, to the Municipality of Marmora and Lake — cc'd to me as well:
· "I do not support the Northland Power pumped storage project because of the upper reservoir location and construction as per the information directly provided to the general public, by Northland Power and the Municipality of Marmora and Lake."